The forthright Mother of Invention Frank Zappa once declared that —
“Most rock journalism is […] people who can’t write, interviewing people who can’t talk, for people who can’t read…”
We would like to strongly challenge that belief wouldn’t we?
But let’s face it : Since Frankie uttered those opinions — things have only been getting worse…
These days readers cannot stay focused, writers don’t use punctuation or grammar and musicians have nothing interesting to say —
* Most people online don’t read to the end of the page
* Nearly 40% of people bounce off the page without reading it
* People tweet out links for articles they haven’t even read
* People make comments on stories they haven’t even finished
* Only half of all readers will get beyond the first 100 words
* Only 25% of readers make it to the end of any story
[info from Chartbeat]
Is this is our cultural destiny?
Do we give up now?
Or are we ready to write strong & emotional pieces again ?
If you are interested in creating refined & exciting music criticism — and reportage that is so juicy that readers will not give up on it — Read on:
Why not become a registered ROCK PEN journalist?
It’s free to register and you’ll get to post your stories and you’ll get a ROCK PEN identity card sent to you and will be added to our register.
You can register FREE to be an active member of ROCK PEN.
You will be added to the register and will be sent a ROCK PEN PRESS CARD that you can carry with you.